Hong Kong Association for Business Education Limited
Articles of Association
Date of Incorporation: 20 May 2016
Tax Exemption (S.88) Granted: 5 May 2017
Rationale of Establishment: To promote business education in Hong Kong
(Prior organisation: Hong Kong Association for Business Education from 30-12-1984 to 19-5-2016)
- To promote the standard of business education in Hong Kong.
- To improve the quality of business education in Hong Kong or elsewhere in the world.
- To promote education by providing a responsible medium through which the opinions of those involved in business education may be expressed.
- To promote education by affording a means of communication among people concerned with the teaching of business in particular and with education in general.
- For advancement of business education, to facilitate the exchange of information and views on business, to collect and disseminate information pertaining to business and to develop the technique of the same.
- For advancement of business education, to make representation and to act in conjunction with any other public or professional bodies in so doing, upon questions of business.
- For advancement of business education, to extend the professionalism of business teachers and to establish and maintain a high ethical standard amongst the members of the company engaged in teaching business.
- In furtherance of the objects of the company but not otherwise, to establish, promote, operate and maintain libraries, reading and writing rooms for its members and the public, and to furnish the same with books, reviews, magazines, newspapers, and other publications on a non-profit making basis.
- To print, publish and produce any publications, newspapers, periodicals, books, leaflets or other literature for the promotion or advancement of the objects of the company and to promote, advertise and generally make known the objects and activities of the company.
- The making of projects and activities for the purpose of raising funds to achieve the foregoing objects.
- To provide for the delivery and holding of non-profit-making lectures, exhibitions, meetings, classes, conferences and other activities calculated to advance both general and vocational education.
- To keep in close touch and liaison with the Education Bureau of the Government of Hong Kong and/or the officers of such Department for the purpose of improving the standard of education in Hong Kong.
- In furtherance of the objects of the company but not otherwise, to establish and maintain social contacts with other non-profit making, educational and cultural institutions in Hong Kong.
There are two company directors and an Executive Committee to operate various business education activities.LIABILITIES or CONTRIBUTIONS of MEMBERS:
Every member of the company undertakes to contribute HK$10 to the assets of the company in the event of its being wound up while he/she is a member.ACTIVITIES:
Talks, Seminars, Visits, Competitions, Examinations and Teacher Awards.